For this church:
A small organ is mentioned in the churchwardens’ accounts for 1835. It was regulated and tuned in 1841 for £2 2s by L. Buckingham, organ builder. The arrival of a new organ in 1860 is recorded by parishioner William Walker. This was presumably the single manual instrument made by Bevington and Sons of Soho in 1855. Extensive unspecified repairs in 1864 cost £22 2s. The organ bellows, causing problems from 1940, were patched up until, in 1960, the organ was electrified, restored and enlarged by Wragg of Nottingham for £426 5s and moved from the chancel to the north aisle early in the following year.
This instrument was replaced in 2004 by a historically important Augustus Gern organ, with a particularly fine case, from the the now redundant St Catharine’s church in Nottingham. After being dismantled it was rebuilt between July and September and, after the removal of the former vestry screen, enhances the west end of the nave beneath the tower.
This organ is specified:
Great:Lieblich Bourdon 16'
Swell:Flûte Harmonique 8'
Additional information from Paul Hale and Richard Eaton.