For this church:
Sneinton St Cyprian
OrganThe organ was dedicated on the 27th May 1936 by the Provost of Southwell the Ven W J Conybeare.
Most of the pipes were reclaimed from the organ of St James’ Church, Standard Hill Nottingham, where they had already been in service for over fifty years. After removal from St James’ the pipes were stored at the workshop of local organ builders E Wragg and Son. This company eventually incorporated them into an enlarged fully electro-pneumatic instrument, built into an arch on the north wall of the chancel.
The panelled organ case is constructed from limed oak, now well matured, with a moulded plinth supporting the exposed once-silvered pipes, now weathered to a softer hue.
Great:Double Diapason 16'