For this church:
Kelly’s Directory of Nottinghamshire 1922 records ‘The church of St Peter in the Watnall Road, erected in 1892 at a cost of £765, is a structure of brick, consisting of a chancel and nave: the foundation stone was laid by Her Grace the Duchess of Portland, and the church will seat 250 persons.’
A mission was started here in 1889 in the newly created outlying hamlet of Hazel Grove. At first services were held in a cottage, and a Sunday School was established. In 1892 a brick church was built (on land by the side of Watnall Road given by the Misses Jackson) at a cost of £670. The Revd Charles Blanchard was curate in charge at that time.
The church prospered, and a school room and vestry were added.
In 1962 the church became redundant, and the figure of St Peter was ‘rescued’ and taken to St Mathias’ Church, Sneinton.