For this church:
Blyth St Mary and St Martin
Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, ‘Mellish’.
Anon, ‘Proceedings of the Congress’, Journal of the British Archaeological Association, new ser. 39 (1934), pp. 39-43.
John Bilson, ‘Blyth Priory’, Yorkshire Archaeological Journal, 20 (1909), pp. 447-51.
L.A.S. Butler, ‘Medieval Cross-slabs in Nottinghamshire’, Trans. of the Thoroton Soc., 56 (1952), pp. 25-40.
Peter Coffman and Malcolm Thurlby, ‘Blyth Priory: a Romanesque Church in Nottinghamshire’, Trans. of the Thoroton Soc., 105 (2001), pp. 57-72.
F. H. Fairweather, ‘Some additions to the plan of the Benedictine Priory Church of St Mary, Blyth, Notts.’, Antiquaries Journal, 6 (1926), pp. 37-42.
C. C. Hodges, Illustrations of the Priory Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Blyth, Nottinghamshire, (Leeds 1881).
Henry Lawrance and T. E. Routh, ‘Military Effigies in Nottinghamshire before the Black-Death’, Trans. of the Thoroton Soc. 28 (1924), pp. 114-137, (Blyth at pp. 115-17.)
David Meara, Victorian Memorial Brasses, (London 1983).
Christopher Morris, (ed.), The Illustrated Journeys of Celia Fiennes 1685-c.1712, (Stroud 1995).
David Park, ‘The Lewes Group of wall paintings in Sussex’, in R. Allen Brown (ed.), Anglo-Norman Studies VI, (Woodbridge 1984), pp. 201- 37.
David Postles, ‘Small gifts but big rewards: the symbolism of some gifts to the religious’, Journal of Medieval History, 27 (2001), pp. 34-42.
John Raine, The History and Antiquities of the Parish of Blyth, (London 1860).
Ingrid Roscoe, Emma Hardy and M. G. Sullivan, A Biographical Dictionary of Sculptors in Britain, 1660-1851, (New Haven 2009).
Lucy Toulmin Smith, (ed.), Leyland’s Itinerary in England and Wales, 5 vols (London 19), vol. 1.
P. Summers and J. E. Titterton, (eds), Hatchments in Britain, vol 8 (Chichester 1988).
R. T. Timson, (ed.) The Cartulary of Blyth Priory, (London 1973).
Edmund Venables, ‘The Benedictine Priory of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Blyth, Nottinghamshire’, Associated Architectural Societies Reports and Papers, 15 (1879-80), pp. 141-67.
J. H. Walker, ‘Church of St Mary and St Martin, Blyth’, Trans. of the Thoroton Soc., 42 (1938), pp. 84-91.