For this church:
A western tower containing a ring of 6 bells.
Hung in a low sided cast iron frame for 6 bells by Taylors in 1935, with ball bearings. metal headstocks etc. They were rededicated on October 2nd 1935. Prior to then there was a previous Taylor 6 of 1842:
The opening of this 1842 ring was noted as far away as Stamford for the Stamford Mercury reported:
A new peal of 6 bells has just been erected in the new Church of Blyth Notts by Messrs Taylor & Son, Lobro’ in place of the four old bells which were extraordinarily unmusical and one of which was cracked. The Vicar and the Churchwardens made an appeal to the parishoners in order to raise the sum required for a new peal, and it was most hansomely responded to So that now one of the most musical rings of bells in the Kingdom is found at Blyth.
The old four appear to have been an interesting ring and presumably parts of the inscriptions on the 1842 ring came from the old bells. The name of Johannes de Colsale is particularly interesting as it extends his known working life as a founder. The only other date for him is 1409 on the former bell at Beckingham, Notts.
The Churchwardens Accounts record: