For this church:
Bassetlaw and Bawtry Deanery
There is no mention of a church at West Drayton in in Domesday Book, but Norman masonry is apparent in the current building.
The church is small and plain, of stone, consisting of chancel and nave in one, with a bell-cote at the west end containing two bells. The Norman south doorway has scalloped label moulding and zigzag ornament on the front and soffit above. There is a medieval stoup in the church.
There are 15th century windows. The stained glass east window was erected in 1895 as a memorial to James Mudford; there is another window another for the Rev George Brameld, and two for Dr John Housley dated 1907.
The church was restored in 1874.