For this church:
West Markham (Markham Clinton) All Saints
The external wall of the bell turret is some five feet from the internal wall. The intervening space is filled with rubble. There is one bell although there is housing for two bells in a wooden bellframe – Elphick E / Pickford 6.M variant (the top cill is mortised into the end posts, not the end posts mortised into the top cill). According to records of 1552 there were at that time two bells. The existing, single bell, though blank, can be attributed by stylistic considerations to about 1500; it was repaired and re-hung in 1992 when the bellhanger Fred Pembeton replicated what was there before, swing chiming with half a wheel, the frame itself needed no repair except for the bearing mountings.