For this church:
Walkeringham St Mary Magdalene
Features and Fittings
Aumbry and piscina
There is a rectangular double aumbry with rebated surround on the east wall of the chancel.
A small, rectangular piscina in a chamfered surround can be found at the east end of the south wall.
The 15th century chancel screen was dismantled in the 1930s because it was unsafe.
The Rev W J Beale used the upper parts of the screen (decorated with panel tracery) to form a vestry in the north chapel of the chancel. Five panels of the lower section of the screen are in front of the the chancel arch; the southernmost two panels are linked to the pulpit.
The plain tapered octagonal font on a square base is dated 1663. The bowl is also inscribed with the initials 'R C' and 'B W' which may represent the churchwardens of the time.
The timber pulpit is also late 17th century.
The eagle lectern was carved in the 1930s by Dr. Beale, the then current incumbent, who was clearly an accomplished worker in wood. A small brass tablet at the base of the lectern reads:
There are three pews of late 17th century date at the west end of the nave. The other pews are late 19th century copies.
A benefactions board dated 1829 is affixed to the south wall of the south aise, next to the south door.
The timber tower screen has a brass plaque that reads: