Features and Fittings
The following items were brought over from the old Mission Church:
The pine pews which seated 225
The font, which was a small stone octagon with a cross in each face of the bowl
The following items were designed by the architect for the church:
The altar of Austrian oak with a paneled front inlaid with a cross in teak and maple. This was given to the new church by Mr and Mrs F W Beeley in memory of their son Frederick John Lisle Beeley.
The carved and inlaid oak pulpit was square like the altar in style and was given by members of the Mothers Union.
The choir stalls, priest’s desks, font cover and altar rails of oak and iron work. These were given by members of Mr G G Bonser’s old Bible Class.
The processional banner used in the Whitsuntide Processions of Witness is now in Mansfield Museum.
A processional cross given by Mr and Mrs William Dove in memory of their son, killed in action in 1917, was given to a church in Radford, Nottingham.