View of the church from the south


All Saints

Nottingham Archdeaconry

West Bingham Deanery


All Saints, Rempstone, was built in 1771 to replace the older church of St Peter in the Rushes, which stood on a site about a mile away, and an abandoned chapel. The land was made available under the terms of the 1769 enclosure of Rempstone, but the old burial ground survives.

The new church was built without aisles. It has a small semi-hexagonal apse at the east end and a western tower. It has a singing gallery and south entrance and is built in quasi-classical style with high pitched slated roof.

The advowson was held until 1955 by Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge with eminent incumbents, sometimes fellows of the college, holding the parish living.

Rempstone was amalgamated with other parishes when V S W Mitchell became Rector of Costock and Rempstone in 1955. Later Rempstone became part of the United Benefice of East Leake, West Leake, Stanford on Soar, Rempstone and Costock.

Particular thanks to Barry Alexander and Bill Buchanan for research on this entry