For this church:
Ossington Holy Rood
Features and Fittings
C19 font with round alabaster stem on octagonal base; octagonal bowl with quatrefoil panels. Cover made from wood of old bell frame removed in 1978.
Oak, octagonal body base and stem with carved panels depicting vines and ears of corn, and coping erected in 1893. Steps up to pulpit. Carving done by Lady Elinor Denison and William Mawson, estate joiner.
Open ended oak pews with shelves for prayer books. Made from wood from the Ossington estate.
Panelled and moulded.
Oak with clustered stem, octagonal base and flared top; carved by Lady Elinor Denison.
C18 carved and with traceried panels and Gothic cresting.
C20 timber rood. Figures brought back from Oberammergau by Lady Elinor Denison during Vicariate of prebendary Hellier (1911).
Rectangular wrought iron with wooden rail. A semi-circular rail replaced in 1893. A new wooden rail was carved by Lady Elinor in 1907.
A simple table was built by the estate joiner, Harry Pitchfork, to replace the table destroyed by the fire in 1974.
Oak panelling with carved frieze above
Nave has panelled oak dado with carved top rail. Words of psalm 84 ‘O how amiable are thy dwellings’. Carving done by Lady Elinor Denison and William Mawson, estate joiner in 1907.