For this church:
North Muskham St Wilfrid
A faculty was granted for a tower clock on 18th May 1914 (Nottinghamshire Archives 17437/3).
The clock, made by G&F Cope and Co. of Nottingham in 1914 was given by Thomas Thompson in memory of his wife Emma Thompson. It strikes the hours on the 'Mary' bell (5th).
The movement has a double-three legged gravity escapement. It shows time on a cast iron dial about 4’ 0” in diameter.
Earlier in 1913 Thomas Thompson placed a stained glass window near the font in memory of his father who had been Parish Clerk for the long period of 65 years. The father lived in the ‘old vicarage’ opposite the church, next to the Old Hall, as it ‘wasn't fit for the Vicar.’
In July 2004 the clock was partially dismantled to repair the bearings and pinions. It was also fitted with electric winding: prior to this it took 15 minutes to wind it once per week. The clock face was also re-gilded at the same time.