North Muskham St Wilfrid


The church from the
south-east corner
of the churchyard
Grave marker to
'two affectionate sisters'

The churchyard is roughly L-shaped and covers an area of 0.7 hectares.

A brick wall forms the boundary on the west side; on the south is a short length of brick wall and hedging; the north boundary of the churchyard is a mixture of wooden panel fencing and brick wall.

The church is situated in the north-east section of the churchyard and is surrounded by burials on all sides.

In 1876 a Burial Board was set up in North Muskham, and negotiations were opened to obtain a piece of land to extend the churchyard to the south, the existing area being full. In early 1877 the churchyard was extended by the inclusion of this land.