For this church:
St Hilda’s Mission Church
A mission church dedicated to St Hilda was erected in 1929-30 in the eastern part of Warsop parish to serve Welbeck Colliery Village (now known as Meden Vale).
The church was dedicated by the Bishop of Southwell on 4 January 1930. A newspaper report on the event described the church as 'a simple brick building [with] a bright and pleasing interior, and is lit by electricity.'
The church was closed by the mid-1970s and later demolished.
No picture of this church is known. The image on this page is a section of a stained-glass window (actually in Ramsgate Church) depicting the Victorian architect Augustus Pugin.
Particular thanks to Andy Nicholson for research on this entry