For this church:
Mansfield St John
The First World War memorial at St John's is in the form of a high altar and communion rails and a bronze tablet at the west end of the south aisle.
The carved oak altar and communion rails were designed and made by Messrs. Jones and Willis, of Birmingham. The total cost was £400.
The bronze tablet was donated by Mr and Mrs R. L. Jones as a thank-offering. A small metal plaque at the bottom of the tablet states:
There are 34 names on the tablet and a contemporary article notes that 'the names on the roll of honour have been limited to actual members of St John’s Church, by the decision of the Parochial Church Council.'
The dedication of the War Memorial and the unveiling of the roll of honour took place on Whit Sunday, 14 May 1921, by the Rt. Rev. Bishop Taylor Smith, Chaplain-General of the Forces.
The inscription on the tablet reads:
Information on the men listed on the monument is available on the Nottinghamshire Roll of Honour website.