For this church:
The church has a spacious Early English chancel built c1230 and a five-bay nave with North and South aisles built about 1260 in an early Decorated style. The spire was added in 1300-1320 and is the second highest in Nottinghamshire at 180 feet. The location of the tower at the west end of the north aisle provides a west front to the Nave. A clerestory was added in the fifteenth century.
The building was extensively restored in 1872 when five hundred seats were installed to cope with the rapidly rising population of Carlton and Netherfield which have since been made into separate parishes. A steep roof replaced a flat lead one on the chancel at the same time.
Particular thanks to Ted White and Peter Ryder for research on this entry