For this church:
Farnsfield St Michael
A clock was presented on behalf of the late vicar and his wife, Canon and Mrs Whitelegge, in 1879, at a cost of £180.
The present clock, in a wood and glass cabinet, was made by Messrs. Gillett and Bland of Croydon at a cost of £180 towards which there was a set off of £20 from the sale of the old 24 hour clock with one small dial which had been given in 1812. Gillett and Bland were both bellfounders and clockmakers. The clock frame is marked:
A coloured brass plate records the gift as follows:
The clock had an electric drive fitted in 1968 by Wm. Potts and Sons Limited of Leeds. An oval plate records the electricification. The gift of the Parish Council.
On the outside of the case an auto-restart unit has been added by Smith of Derby.
Cast iron dials.
The clock was regilded in 1980.
Two new dials added in 1999 by Simon Michlmayr of Norwich. Laser-cut from steel and backed with angle and t-section rings. Galvanised, primed, painted and gilded. Two existing dials were painted and regilded at the same time.
Problems with the clock have led to the mechanism being dismantled to 3 of the faces, with only the north face recording the time in December 2000. It functioned on all four sides in 2013.