For this church:
Beeston St John the Baptist
After the 1843 rebuilding of the church, an organ by Kirkland and Jardine of Manchester was installed in the gallery in 1853 at a cost of £300 raised by subscription. It was enlarged in 1856 when new stops were added. When the gallery was demolished, the organ chapel was moved to the chancel and opened on 25 February 1876.
The organ was renovated in 1903 and again in 1909, each time by Charles Lloyd of Nottingham. It was further renovated in 1946. After this last renovation the specification was as follows:
Pedal:Open Diapason 16'
Choir:Lieblich Gedact 8'
In 1983 a new organ was installed, made by Messrs J & J Makin of Rochdale at a cost of £16,500. It has three manuals (keyboards),a pedal board and 46 stops. A sound modification of this was included in memory of Edna Benfield 1898-1995.