Austerfield St Helena


Grave marker to
Ann and George
Grave marker to
the Cullen family

The churchyard covers an area of 0.3 hectares. The shape of churchyard is markedly rectangular, long and thin, stretching back from the road to the west; east of the boundary is open farmland.

The churchyard was extended to the west between 1893 and 1902 and to the east after 1962.

On the western boundary is the entrance gate with stone piers and iron railings to north and south; on the north the boundary wall is made of brick and stone; the southern and eastern boundary walls are of stone.

The church is located in the centre of the churchyard and there are burials on all sides.