For this church:
Aspley St Margaret
One of the features of St Margaret’s Church is its high tower and its clock. The clock was not part of the original building but was added in 1953 as a memorial to the parishioners of St. Margaret’s Church who gave their lives in World War II. A bronze memorial recording their names is located in the south entrance porch.
The clock now has four dials, all with a light blue face and a gold chapter ring and Roman numerals. The dials are 1.5 metres in diameter.
When the clock was originally installed it only had two dials, the other two were added later. Two brass plaques provide the details:
It was designed and manufactured by Messrs. G.F. Cope & Co. of Nottingham and has a full chiming mechanism.