For this church:
Tythby Holy Trinity
Monuments and Memorials
Thoroton describes the oldest monument at the east end of the chancel at Tythby with the following inscription:
On the south side of the chancel, below the Chaworth Monument and immediately above the priest’s door, is an oak memorial tablet.
On the north wall of the chancel is a marble mural monument to members of the Stanhope family of Shelford with the coat of arms. The inscription is to Edwin Stanhope, equerry to the Queen, LL.D. (1807) and his wife the Rt. Hon. Lady Catherine Stanhope (1810) also Charles Stanhope (1759) and his wife Cecilia Stanhope (1773), the monument erected at the expense of Lady Stanhope.
On the wall of the north aisle is a tablet in black and white marble to the schoolmaster Charles Goodwin.
Lady Chapel Altar
The altar in the Lady chapel is dedicated to the memory of Agnes Mary Craig, ‘who returned to God, 31st. January, 1960'. Dedicated by the Rev J Craig.
The Chancel floorstones.
One is dedicated to the memory of Martha wife of Edward Rowbottom who died 24th December 1722, aged 23 years.
The other two slabs are nearly covered by seating. One is dedicated to the memory of James, son of John Harston, who died in March 1720.