For this church:
St Modwen’s church was consecrated in July 1937. Brick built, with concrete dressings, it stood to the east of Sutton in Ashfield town centre, on the north side of Forest Street on the B6022. The building faced south and was built on a narrow sloping piece of ground with a rear view northwards over open space towards St Michael & All Angels Church on Outram Street.
It was a daughter church of St Mary Magdalene, Sutton in Ashfield. It was licensed for baptisms, weddings and funerals.
Services were discontinued on the fiftieth anniversary of its opening, and it was demolished in 1991.
Particular thanks to Rita Turner for research on this entry