For this church:
Stapleford St Helen
Features and Fittings
Dating from c1300. Tapered base and stem and irregular moulded conical bowl. Unusual spun copper cover with turned knob dating from late 17th century.
This is in fine black oak carved in Italy in the 16th century. This was used as a reredos until 1915. It was presented to the church by Mr C J Wright of Stapleford Hall in 1877.
Dedicated on Trinity Sunday, 30th May 1915. The wood was given by Mr J Palmer and the oak trees were grown on his property. It was designed by Sir Thomas Graham Jackson, RA.