St James


No records are evident of the first organ known as ‘Moaning Minnie’, except that it was known to be a pipe organ which had to be pumped with bellows.

The organ from 1956 was a Compton Electrone. The three speakers for the organ are still high up on the walls behind the angel pictures.

The current organ, dating from 1997, is an Allen organ, MDS-16 plus four external speakers. It cost £17995

A sound system was fitted in 1998 by DM Music for Churches.

The organ was placed in the barn as part of the recent (2007) reordering.