For this church:
Bassetlaw and Bawtry Deanery
The church is built of stone, and consists of a chancel, nave, aisles, south porch and a west tower. The tower is in Perpendicular style with eight pinnacles, battlements, diagonal buttresses and six bells.
Inside there is some 13th century work, in particular the north arcade and a little later the south arcade, both with octagonal piers.
A monument depicts a kneeling gentleman - Samuel Bevercotes (d1603).
The church was thoroughly restored in 1876 by TC Hine, who widened the south aisle, partially rebuilt the tower and replaced the east window. Other additions in 1878 were a stone font, choir stalls, a lectern and four stained glass windows by Hodgson Fowler. Other stained glass windows by Kempe were later installed: the east window in 1905 and the north chancel window in 1906.
The Rev Marmaduke Moore, incumbent during the Protectorate was deprived by the Rump Parliament in 1652 for ‘the damnable sin of playing cards with his wife’.
This church is currently being researched, a full entry will appear in due course.