For this church:
St Stephen (Bunkers Hill)
Nottingham South Deanery
St Stephen’s, Bunkers Hill, is one of Nottingham’s lost Victorian churches. Built in 1859, and extended in 1868, it was demolished in 1896 to make way for the Great Central Railway station (the Victoria Station) in the area of Nottingham formerly known as the Charlotte Street area. Since the demolition of the station, and the building of the Victoria Centre, this area has undergone a further phase of change, and the site of St Stephen’s is now lost somewhere beneath the Victoria Centre. After the church closed, artefacts were moved to a new St Stephen’s church, built in Hyson Green.
Particular thanks to John Beckett for research on this entry