Stained glass window section

Mansfield

St Aidan’s Mission Church

Newark Archdeaconry

Mansfield Deanery

Introduction

The mission church of St. Aidan’s was dedicated and opened in February 1908. It was a daughter church of St Mark in Mansfield, and was built on a green field site on Victoria Street to serve this rapidly growing part of the town.

In 1956 the mission church was closed. It was demolished in 1960.

No picture of this church is available. The image on this page is a section of a stained-glass window (actually in Ramsgate Church) depicting the Victorian architect Augustus Pugin.

Particular thanks to Doug Fletcher for research on this entry