For this church:
There was an organ mounted on the west gallery from about 1800 to when the gallery was removed in 1872. A replacement organ with two manuals and eighteen stops by Foster and Andrews was presented by John Elliott Burnside in 1874 in memory of his grandfather and installed in the North aisle. It was later removed to the North side of the chancel where it intruded considerably into the choir area. It was moved again to a specially designed extension to the north side of the chancel in 1925 when an oak case with a carved angel blowing on a golden trumpet was added. In order to erect the new building the graves of John Elliott Burnside and his grandfather had to be moved. In 1999 the organ was re-built and enhanced with an additional keyboard.
The specification of the stops is:
Choir:Stopped Diapason 8'
Great:Open Diapason 8'
Swell:Lieblich Bourdon 16'