Daybrook
St Paul

Organ

Built in 1896 by Augustus Gern, foreman to Cavaille-Coll, a great European organ builder. It was installed in the north aisle and projects over the stalls into the chancel. The oak case is delicately carved. Originally it was powered by water but there was a device for hand-blowing if the need arose. Restoration was carried out in 1924 by John Compton of London and in 1950 and 1967, when it was virtually re-built by Roger Yates who provided all-electric action and complete tonal revision. The number of stops was increased to 29 and 432 pipes added making a total of 1,286. According to the Church Guide the organ ‘is one of the finest in the Diocese’.

Pedal:Open Diapason 16'
Bourdon 16'
Quint 10⅔',
Principal 8'
Flute 8'
Fifteenth 4'
Basson 16'
Trumpet 8'
Clarion 4'

Great:Open Diapason 8'
Gedackt 8'
Dulciana 8'
Principal 4'
Gedackt 4'
Twelfth 2⅔'
Fifteenth 2'
Mixture IV 22.26.29.33
Trumpet 8'
Clarion 4'

Swell:Hohl Flote 8'
Viole de Gambe 8'
Voix Celeste 8'
Principal 4'
Octave 2'
Cymbale III 29.33.36
Basson 16'
27 Trompette 8'
Hautbois 8'
Clarion 4'
Tremulant