Daybrook St Paul

Monuments and Memorials

Tomb of Emily SeelySanctuary N wall:

Elaborate monument, deeply recessed holding a recumbent marble effigy of Mrs Emily Seely, impressively designed by Sir Thomas Brock. Alabaster plinth, good stone carving around and above. It bears the inscription:

This monument is placed here in affectionate memory of the Gentle and Good Woman who inspired her husband to build and adorn this Church.
A loving daughter wife and mother
The friend the counsellor the delight of all around her
She passed her life on earth in doing her duty and in succouring the Poor
Lord Jesus

May she rest in peace and may perpetual light shine upon her

EMILY WIFE OF CHARLES SEELY BORN 1837 MARRIED 1857 SHE BORE 4 SONS AND 6 DAUGHTERS DIED 1894 BURIED AT BROOKE ISLE OF WIGHT

North aisle E near organ

Bronze memorial wall tablet:

To the Glory of God
and in thankful memory of Annie Margaret Potter
who for love of God played this organ
and served this parish 1890-1922
This organ was renovated and re-opened
on St.Paul’s Day 1924

May light perpetual shine on her

Lady chapel

Small bronze tablet on south wall:

To the Glory of God
and in Thanksgiving for the first forty years
life of this parish
The Posts, Angels and Hangings of this Altar
were given by the
Rev. Charles Gilbert Everitt M.A. (Vicar 1924-35)
and the Congregation
St.Paul’s Day 1936

South aisle, near Lady chapel

Small wood and brass tablet:

In Memory of Beatrice Mary Barrow 1893-1993
Daily Communicant   Friend of the Young

North aisle, W side of main porch

Small wood tablet:

The floodlighting to this Church
is in Memory of Ken and Betty Whitehead
by whose generosity it has been installed July 1992

NB the floodlighting was soon stolen.