For this church:
Carlton-on-Trent St Mary
There is a single, blank bell which dates from the mid-18th century formerly hung in a small, late medieval bellframe. Both bell and frame have probably come from the earlier, now demolished, church. In 2012 the bell was rehung in the opposite corner of the belfry by Taylors of Loughborough on two simple steel beams. The old frame remains intact in its original position.
The frame is an Elphick 'K' form, Pickford Group 3.D variant and has been dated by dendrochronology to 1447. The report on the dendrochronological analysis of the bellframe timbers is available for download.