For this church:
In 1910 the land adjacent to the churchyard was given to the church for the extension of the churchyard by Mr Albert Ball, now owner of the Bunny estate. In 1912 the Bishop of Southwell consecrated the ground in a service which included the church’s dedication after its re-opening. He quoted:
If the church has stood for 800 years, it has now been repaired as to warrant the hope it will last as long in the future.
On a headstone on the north side of the tower is the following inscription:
Arms : Or, three fleur-de-lys azure. Crest an elephant’s head erased argent.