For this church:
Brinsley St James
Core fabric 1838 on new site
Chancel added 1878
Significant Interior Features
Wrought Iron screen 1919
Timbers and roofs
Cast-iron, low sided frame, by Taylors of Loughborough 1901
Not scheduled for preservation Grade 4.
Excavations and potential for survival of below-ground archaeology
No archaeological excavations have taken place.
The building was constructed in 1838; previous use of the land has not yet been researched but it is unlikely that any earlier church existed on this site. All standing fabric and below-ground stratigraphy is therefore likely to date from 1838 to the present day.
The overall potential for the survival of below-ground archaeology in the churchyard is considered low and below the present interior floors is considered to be low.
Exterior:Largely inhumation burials, C19th-C20th.
Interior: Nave of 1838 and Chancel of 1878. Stratigraphy of importance to this period only.
Standing fabric of building 1838 and later.