Bradmore Church Rooms

Official Listing Description

SK 53 SE





(north side)

Tower and Spire
of former Church

Grade II

Tower and spire. C13 and C14. Dressed coursed rubble and ashlar. Tower set on a plinth, of 2 stages, the lower C13 dressed coursed rubble with ashlar quoins, the upper C14 ashlar. Parapet with remains of single gargoyles to each side. C14 broach spire with single rectangular opening to the base. West side of tower with single pointed arched window. The 4 bell chamber openings each of 2 trefoil arched lights under a flat arch, all now lacking mullion. Inner chamfered tower arch. Attached to the east side of the tower is a late C19 mission church, of no special interest. The church was destroyed by the fire of 1705 which destroyed much of Bradmore.