For this church:
There is no information available concerning the below-ground archaeology. The church was built on a green field site in the early 20th century. Above ground the most notable features are at the east end, particularly the exterior. In 1905 work came to an abrupt end so the outside wall had (and still has) an unfinished appearance. The main stone walls of the nave and aisles were left as jagged buttresses waiting for a chancel to be keyed in. The main arched end of the nave was ‘temporarily’ filled in with red bricks, as were the aisles. Two narrow brick buttresses support the main wall. Between them and either side of them can be seen the paler red bricks used to fill in when the original windows were removed.