Annesley
All Saints

Glass

Click the numbers in the key plan for details of the items.

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

11

12

13

Key to Windows

1Memorial Window in Lady Chapel

Dates from restoration in 1909. To the memory of Mary Gray and William Gray and given by their daughter, it replaced the memorial window with the same dedication installed shortly before the fire of 1907.

Window in memory of William Arthur Ward Leese2Memorial Window at East end of South Aisle

Window in memory of William Arthur Ward Leese, Vicar from 1926 to 1939.

Evelyn Saint window3Memorial Window at West end of South Aisle

Window in memory of a parishioner with a long record of worship. A simple figure of Christ is accompanied by the inscription:

In thanksgiving for
Evelyn Saint

1911   1984

Good Shepherd window4Memorial window at South-West corner of church

The inscription reads simply:

I am the good Shepherd

There are no details of whom the window commemorates, if anyone.

Small Stained Glass Window5Small Stained Glass Window to South of West Window

The window depicts and angel carrying a crown, and the inscription:

BE THOU FAITHFUL
UNTO DEATH

6West Window

Filled with plain glass, with rectangular leading.

7Small Stained Glass Window to North of West Window

This is clearly a pair for Window 5. An angel carries a sword and a set of scales, and there is an inscription:

He that overcometh
shal inherit all things

8Window at West end of North Aisle

Filled with plain glass

9Window at East end of North Aisle

Filled with plain glass

10East Window

The East window

When the church was completed in 1874, this window was “filled with common glass”, but later it was re-glazed as a memorial to the Revd C H Prance, Vicar from 1871 to 1890, who, with Mr and Mrs Chaworth-Musters, was instrumental in building the New Church. The design includes ten Bible Scenes, the Crucifixion and medallion heads of five disciples, the lettering of their names being split in a curious fashion. A small portrait of Revd C H Prance is included at the bottom of the window in the centre.

A small tablet on the north wall of the sanctuary reads:

To the glory of God and in loving
memory of Clement Howard Prance
Vicar 1871 to 1890
This window was erected by his
wife, relations, parishioners and friends
JUBILATE DEO

11South chancel window near the main altar - plain glass

12Middle window in south chancel wall - plain glass

13Window in western end of south chancel wall - plain glass